Perform general aircraft airframe and powerplant duties on a variety of projects for a growing flight school and local FBO. A&P required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
– Perform repair, modification, and inspection of engines, components, and air frames under the direction of the Director of Maintenance
– Perform testing of repaired aircraft systems for proper performance
– Perform cleaning and lubricating of equipment and other routine maintenance work under the direction of the Director of Maintenance
– Ensures compliance with FAA regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations, and Lake Elmo Aero, LLC standards
– Coordinates aircraft maintenance schedules with Director of Maintenance
– Prepares and maintains documentation related to work activities in accordance with regulations and Company policies
– Keep written records of each job/assignment to ensure quality of work and all requested work completed
– Perform necessary and required work on customer and fleet aircraft
– Other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements:
– Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
– Tools appropriate for the job
– Regular scheduled attendance
– Subject to applicable laws and Lake Elmo Aero, LLC policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Lake Elmo Aero’s employment practices and policies.
– To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
– Completion of two years of trade or vocational school (or equivalent work experience)
– A&P license REQUIRED.
– Must be self-motivated and have the ability to process complex systems and logically think through problems
– Ability to effectively use tools applicable to performing basic aircraft maintenance, inspection, servicing, repair, overhaul, modification, and/or replacement of parts.
– Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude.
– Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to prioritize.
– Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Lake Elmo Aero offers competitive pay, medical benefits, Vacation time, and possible commission for maintenance work referrals. We are a growing company with a flight school of 11 training aircraft along with an FBO with a list of tenants that is growing. Runway expansions on the airport are going to be complete at the end of the year, which will expand our realm of operations. Come join our team!
Please send us a message if you are interested in the position(s) listed above.
I, (PARTICIPANT MENTIONED ABOVE) voluntarily desire to take an airplane (collectively, “Aircraft”) ride, pilot an Aircraft, rent an Aircraft, and/or train to pilot an Aircraft (collectively, the “Activity”), as well as to participate in the associated activities including, but not limited to, boarding, deplaning and/or walking on the runway and/or around the Aircraft, etc. (the “Associated Activities”), with LAKE ELMO AERO, LLC (collectively, the “Company”). Such activities may result in bodily injury, death, and property damage. I understand and acknowledge that engaging in any of the above activities are purely voluntary and I have made the decision to participate of my own free will. I also understand and acknowledge that, but for my voluntary execution of this Release of Liability (“Release”), the Company would not allow me to be in or otherwise near any Aircraft or participate in any Activity or the Associated Activities.
1. RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, successors, assigns, agents, trusts, beneficiaries, executors, administrators, guardians, and legal representatives (individually or in any group; collectively, “Releasor”), hereby exempt, release, acquit, forever discharge, and hold harmless the Company, their respective officers, directors, members, administrators, trusts, managers, agents, representatives, servants, employees, successors, and/or assigns (individually or in any group, “Affiliates” and collectively with the Company, the “Releasees”), whether acting on behalf of the Company, or individually, from any and all liability, claims, losses, payments, harm, damages, costs, demands, claims and expenses of every nature whatsoever (collectively, “Damages”), whether in contract or in tort or under any other legal theory, arising out of my participation in the Activity and/or any Associated Activities. Releasor further agrees not to make any claim against, sue, or attach the property of anyone or more Releasees for any bodily injury, death, loss, or damage to personal property, or other damages, including those resulting in whole or in part from the negligence of the Releasees or other acts or omissions of the Releasees resulting from my participation in any Activity and/or Associated Activities.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I am not required to participate in the Activity or any Associated Activities. I freely and voluntarily choose to assume all of the risks inherent in the Activity and the Associated Activities, including, but not limited to, risks of negligent conduct of others, equipment or aircraft malfunction, improper or negligent operation of Aircraft, including those risks resulting in whole or in part from the Releasees’ own negligence or unintentional acts, but excluding gross negligence or willful misconduct.
3. INDEMNITY AGAINST CLAIMS. Releasor agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Releasees against any and all losses, judgments, or damages, arising out of any claims, demands actions, causes of action, and/or proceedings of every nature whatsoever (collectively, “Claims”), including but not limited to attorney and legal fees at trial and appellate levels, which may be presented or initiated by any person or entity, arising out of my participation in any activity and/or Associated Activities, and/or concerning the enforcement of or legal challenge to this Release.
4. LEGAL. This Release is governed under Minnesota law, without regard to conflict of law principles. The exclusive venue for any action arising hereunder shall be in the state and federal courts located in Washington County, Minnesota, and the parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. In any action relating to this Release, Releasor hereby WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.