1. Renter pilots must present a valid pilot certificate, medical certificate, and logbook when renting aircraft. If you are not 90 days current with Lake Elmo Aero, LLC you will need a re-currency ride with a Lake Elmo Aero, LLC instructor.
2. All flights must be paid in full at the termination of each flight. No charging is allowed. Pilots renting after hours must keep a credit card on file for payment. Renters must pay a minimum of 3 hours for every 24-hour period the aircraft is rented. 3hr minimum may not apply to all aircraft.
3. Flights cancelled not due to weather with less than a 12-hour notice may be charged to the renter. Renters who are more than 15 minutes late and haven’t called may forfeit their scheduled aircraft and will be charged 1 hour aircraft rental. Dual students who cancel not due to weather, have until 2 hours prior to their scheduled appointment to cancel without being charged a no-show fee. Dual students who cancel less than 2 hours prior to their appointment or arrive 15 minutes late without calling will be charged for 1 hour of instruction. **no show fee is 1 hour of instruction**
4. All pilots are required to verify Hobbs and Tach times before and after each flight. Although Lake Elmo Aero, LLC makes every effort to ensure compliance, the pilot in command is responsible (per the FAR’s) for determining that the flight will not exceed any required maintenance inspections such as annual, pitot-static, ELT, or AD compliance. Logbooks will be made available upon request.
5. After each flight, the renter pilot is responsible securing the aircraft. This includes ensuring the master switch is turned off. A $50.00 charge will be applied to your account for failure to accomplish this.
6. Renters are expected to make every effort to safely return the aircraft within the scheduled time. If revenue is lost as a result of a non-weather, or a non-maintenance related delay the renter will be billed for the lost revenue. If some situation does not permit the timely return of the aircraft, call Lake Elmo Aero, LLC as soon as possible at (651)-777-1399.
7. Lake Elmo Aero, LLC maintains insurance on all rental aircraft. A $10,000 deductible must be paid by the renter in the event damage to the aircraft occurs. Rental Insurance information is available upon request.
8. Fuel Reimbursement: A fuel receipt must be presented by any person seeking reimbursement for fuel costs. The amount of reimbursement will vary based on current LEA fuel rates.
9. A minimum of 3 hours per day will be charged on overnight rentals. Some aircraft, which average greater than 3 hours of flight per day, will require prior arrangement to determine a daily minimum.
10. All Federal aviation regulations must be adhered to. Any damage that occurs as a result of a violation may not be covered by insurance and will be the sole responsibility of the renter. The insurance company may pay the claim and seek reimbursement from the renter.
11. No dual instruction may be given in Lake Elmo Aero, LLC aircraft by anyone other than Lake Elmo Aero, LLC Flight instructors. Form LE-A01
12. Only charted airports with paved runways may be used, with the exception of those listed in the Lake Elmo Aero Safety Policies and Procedures Manual. Any damage to the aircraft as a result of landing on a non-paved surface or a closed runway (except in an emergency) will be the sole responsibility of the renter. The renter will also be billed $50 for each day that the aircraft is down while repairs are being made.
13. It is the renter’s responsibility to ensure that the destination airport has adequate maintenance services in case of mechanical failure. Mechanical failures caused by the renter are the responsibility of the renter. Any unexpected mechanical failure is the responsibility of LEA. All maintenance must be pre-authorized by Lake Elmo Aero, LLC or it may become the responsibility of the renter.
14. Only the renter is permitted to fly the aircraft. Any damage caused by another person flying the aircraft is the sole responsibility of the renter as there will be no insurance coverage in that event.
15. It is the renter’s responsibility to ensure that the aircraft is secured at all times. If a renter chooses to fly a rental aircraft to another airport, all costs will be the sole responsibility of the renter. Lake Elmo Aero will not reimburse pilots for ancillary expenses of a cross-country flight, including landing, hangar, or ramp fees, except for the fuel process listed in #8.
16. Weather policy: If inclement weather is expected (including thunderstorms, hail, or winds exceeding 30kts), the aircraft must be stored in a hangar. If the outdoor temperature is forecast to be below 40 F, the aircraft’s Tanis heater must be plugged in or the aircraft must be stored in a heated hangar. De-icing must be approved by Lake Elmo Aero before application.
17. Unless prior arrangement with an instructor has been made, all student pilots must have had dual instruction within the previous two weeks in order to fly solo.
18. All student pilots must have each solo flight approved by a Lake Elmo Aero, LLC flight instructor. Weather Minimums for student solo flight are listed below:
I, (PARTICIPANT MENTIONED ABOVE) voluntarily desire to take an airplane (collectively, “Aircraft”) ride, pilot an Aircraft, rent an Aircraft, and/or train to pilot an Aircraft (collectively, the “Activity”), as well as to participate in the associated activities including, but not limited to, boarding, deplaning and/or walking on the runway and/or around the Aircraft, etc. (the “Associated Activities”), with LAKE ELMO AERO, LLC (collectively, the “Company”). Such activities may result in bodily injury, death, and property damage. I understand and acknowledge that engaging in any of the above activities are purely voluntary and I have made the decision to participate of my own free will. I also understand and acknowledge that, but for my voluntary execution of this Release of Liability (“Release”), the Company would not allow me to be in or otherwise near any Aircraft or participate in any Activity or the Associated Activities.
1. RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, successors, assigns, agents, trusts, beneficiaries, executors, administrators, guardians, and legal representatives (individually or in any group; collectively, “Releasor”), hereby exempt, release, acquit, forever discharge, and hold harmless the Company, their respective officers, directors, members, administrators, trusts, managers, agents, representatives, servants, employees, successors, and/or assigns (individually or in any group, “Affiliates” and collectively with the Company, the “Releasees”), whether acting on behalf of the Company, or individually, from any and all liability, claims, losses, payments, harm, damages, costs, demands, claims and expenses of every nature whatsoever (collectively, “Damages”), whether in contract or in tort or under any other legal theory, arising out of my participation in the Activity and/or any Associated Activities. Releasor further agrees not to make any claim against, sue, or attach the property of anyone or more Releasees for any bodily injury, death, loss, or damage to personal property, or other damages, including those resulting in whole or in part from the negligence of the Releasees or other acts or omissions of the Releasees resulting from my participation in any Activity and/or Associated Activities.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I am not required to participate in the Activity or any Associated Activities. I freely and voluntarily choose to assume all of the risks inherent in the Activity and the Associated Activities, including, but not limited to, risks of negligent conduct of others, equipment or aircraft malfunction, improper or negligent operation of Aircraft, including those risks resulting in whole or in part from the Releasees’ own negligence or unintentional acts, but excluding gross negligence or willful misconduct.
3. INDEMNITY AGAINST CLAIMS. Releasor agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Releasees against any and all losses, judgments, or damages, arising out of any claims, demands actions, causes of action, and/or proceedings of every nature whatsoever (collectively, “Claims”), including but not limited to attorney and legal fees at trial and appellate levels, which may be presented or initiated by any person or entity, arising out of my participation in any activity and/or Associated Activities, and/or concerning the enforcement of or legal challenge to this Release.
4. LEGAL. This Release is governed under Minnesota law, without regard to conflict of law principles. The exclusive venue for any action arising hereunder shall be in the state and federal courts located in Washington County, Minnesota, and the parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. In any action relating to this Release, Releasor hereby WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.